Women@theTable @ the WTO Public Forum.
Women@theTable will be in an honored group dealing with Women and Trade that will occupy the Atrium of the WTO during the three days of WTO's flagship Public Forum.
( BTW, this is important news, since last year the WTO Public Forum held the position that trade being legally 'gender-blind' could not deal with gender. (Thanks, Gender Champions for helping to change the conversation!)
Women@theTable is also extremely proud to be co-hosting the Panel, 28 September 10:30 - 12, that will debate the implementation of the Recommendations to be released at the UN General Assembly in New York, 22 September, by the first ever High Level Panel on Women's Economic Empowerment.
- We anticipate a wonderful panel :
- including a new addition to the line up
- Manuela Tomei - Director, Conditions of Work and Employment Programme, International Labour Organization
- Daniel Blockert – Ambassador, Permanent Representative to the WTO, Permanent Mission of Sweden
- Vanessa Erogbogbo – Head of Women & Trade Programme, International Trade Centre
- Linda Kromjong – Secretary-General, International Organization of Employers
- Yvette Stevens - Ambassador, Permanent Mission of the Republic of Sierra Leone to the United Nations Office and other international organizations in Geneva
- Jos Verbeek - Manager and Special Representative to the UN and WTO, World Bank Group
and of course Co-Hosts and Moderators:
- Katherine Hagen - Executive Director, Global Social Observatory
- Caitlin Kraft-Buchman, CEO/Founder, Women@theTable
The entire event is open to the Public. And we'd love to see you there! But make sure to register right away as Registration closes September 18.