Trade Regulations in the Digital Environment: Is there a gender component?
Jointly organized by UNCTAD, the Permanent Mission of Italy in Geneva, The Standards and Trade Development Facility (STDF)
Trade-related regulations in e-commerce/digitalization encompass a wide range of measures, policies, and practices that govern online trade. They are designed to address diverse concerns including consumer protection, data privacy, market access and export procedures. While not all these measures may have a distinct impact on women and men, they may indirectly provide new opportunities or createnew barriers for women to access and benefit from e-commerce. The session will shed light on it.
- H.E. Vincenzo Grasso, Ambassador and Permanent Representative, Permanent Mission of Italy to the International Organizations in Geneva
- Mr. Ralf Peters, Head, Trade Analysis Branch, Division on International Trade and Commodities, UNCTAD
- Ms. Marlynne Hopper, Deputy Head, STDF (Standards and Trade Development Facility) Secretariat
- Ms. Awa Caba, co-founder and CEO, SOORETUL, Senegal
- Ms. Simonetta Zarrilli, Chief, Trade, Gender and Development Programme, Division on InternationalTrade and Commodities, UNCTAD
- Moderator Ms. Caitlin Kraft-Buchman, CEO and Founder, Women at the Table