Some examples of our recent work:
CURATION & MODERATION
Senior Women’s Leadership Network for Female Directors of International Organizations
- Deliver training to its Directors on Gender & Leadership
- Curation, design, moderation of 90 minute virtual lunchtime sessions
- Guest speakers:
– UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet
– International Criminal Court Judge Sicorro Flores Liera
– WTO Director General Ngozi Okonjo Iweala
– International Trade Center Executive Director Pamela Coke-Hamilton
– UNCTAD Secretary-General Rebeca Grynspan
– CEDAW Vice Chair Nicole Ameline
– Dean, Paris School of International Affairs, Sciences Po, Arancha Gonzalez
– WTO General Council Chair & Botswana’s Permanent Representative to the International Organizations in Geneva, Ambassador Athaliah Molokomme.
CURATION & MODERATION
Artificial Intelligence Frameworks and Implementations
- One-day conference aimed at defining the essential requirements for developing a comprehensive framework for AI governance. This event brings together multinational and multidisciplinary insights to guide the creation of a robust and adaptable global AI governance structure.
- Invitation Only with experts from UN Development Programme (UNDP), World Trade Organization (WTO), World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), International Labor Organization (ILO), UN Women, UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW), Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, UN Institute for Disarmament Research (UNIDIR), Interpeace, Geneva Academy, ETHZ Law & Society Lab, Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society (Harvard), Cambridge University, Berkeley, EPFL, University of Lausanne.
African AI Knowledge Synthesis Webinars
Sharing and celebrating the research of the AI4D Hubs focussed on thematic science & research and the gendered dimensions of that research – all of primordial importance to create a more inclusive and equitable world with AI and new & emerging technologies
– Decoloniality, Gender & AI
– Data Bias
– Gender & Agriculture
– AI in Healthcare, Representativeness and Medical Ethics
– The Peer Learning Journey
– Gender & Climate Change
– Gender, AI, and new STEM strategies
– The Innovation Challenge
– Francophone AI: Qu’est-ce c’est?
– Human Rights & AI
PANEL MODERATION | SOME EXAMPLES
- WTO Public Forum (Geneva) Tech, Ethics, Gender, Innovation & the Economy
- Web Summit (Lisbon) Ethical tech: A rising – and collective – responsibility
- Web Summit (Lisbon) MC Corporate Innovation Summit Track
- World Benchmarking Alliance (virtual) Collective Impact Coalition for Digital Inclusion: Progress Report on Ethical Artificial Intelligence
- World Benchmarking Alliance (virtual) Collective Impact Coalition for Digital Inclusion: How can stakeholders leverage common interests to Advance Responsible and Ethical AI?
- MozFest (virtual) Decoloniality, Feminism & AI
- MozFest (virtual) f<a+i>r Prototypes: The Feminist AI Research Network Great Reveal
- UNCTAD (New York) Closing the gender digital divide: Gender gaps in trade and development: Does digitalization hold solutions?
- UNCTAD (Geneva) UN Trade Forum NTMs, Standards and Barriers Through a Gender Lens
- PIT Policy Forum (virtual) Crowd-work Forum: Political Perspectives from a Feminist Design. Opening & Closing Remarks
- <A+> Alliance (virtual) Algorithms 101
- Internet Governance Forum
- World Intellectual Property Organization WIPO to deliver presentations on gender and Artificial Intelligence
- UN Human Rights / Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights OHCHR
- Deliver AI & Gender briefings to the CEDAW Committee
- Brief support teams for mandate holders on: Discrimination Against Women; Violence Against Women; Trafficking; Racism; International Order; Right to Development; Solidarity; and Freedom of Assembly
- Expert consultant on gender, digital tech and the role of business as part of the UN Human Rights B-Tech Project.
- UN Economic Commission for Europe UNECE on the dimensions and technical elements of gender responsive standards including in trend technologies.
- AI for Good (X PRiZE / ITU) serving as 1 of 5 experts on its 2020 Gender Braintrust
- Open For Good, an Initiative of Fair Forward (GIZ) Data Bias webinar
Judge for USAID’s Gender-Equitable AI Challenge, Keynote Speaker USAID’s Gender-Equitable AI Challenge
- Battling Gender Discrimination in AI UNDP China & Tsinghua University
- Advisor to the Women7 (W7) policy dialogue under the German G7 presidency.
- Advisor to the Women7 (W7) policy dialogue under the Japan G7 presidency.
- Inter-parliamentary Union – UN Women Parliamentary Meeting (New York) “The role of parliaments in advancing gender equality through technology
- Commission on the Status of Women (New York) ”Open, Safe and Equal – Shaping a feminist digital future”
- IDEO Future Tense (New York)
- Paris Peace Forum (Paris), Managing AI Risk: Perspectives from around the world
- Paris Peace Forum (Paris), Making AI work for international development
- Davos (Switzerland) Activating Technology and Innovation for Gender Equality
- CSW (New York) , RightsCon (Costa Rica), AI for Good (Geneva), Generation Equality MidPoint Moment for the SDGs Action Coalition for Technology & Innovation for Gender Equality (New York).