Women at the Table (https://www.womenatthetable.net) makes women visible on the global stage and women leaders a point of reference in cultural conversations extending past ‘women’s issues’ into the larger debate on the economy, governance, technology, sustainability, and peace. We make space on mainstream platforms, and invent new platforms when there are few opportunities for women to be visible and have their voices heard.
Our Alliance / Women at the Table project was selected as a 2021 Paris Peace Forum Initiative, we are one of the three co-founders of the International Gender Champions movement, and continue to create and grow a number of ongoing initiatives including :
1. The Alliance – https://aplusalliance.org – a global coalition of technologists, activists and academics who focus on affirmative action for algorithms and creating gender equality, so that machine learning does not embed an already biased system into our future.
2. The f < a+i >r Feminist AI Research network – https://aplusalliance.org/en/pages/network – focused on the global south that gathers social scientists, economists, and activists, side by side with data, machine learning and computer scientists to discuss how to fix the system and leverage AI for women’s rights
3. The Human Rights Toolbox – https://aiequalitytoolbox.com/index.html – a one-stop anti-bias and discrimination website housing a stand-alone interactive learning tool, coding notebooks, and community engagement forum for university students and faculty to actively engage with data and Human Rights concepts in order to understand the linkage and impact of algorithmic creation that better reflects human rights values.
4. The G-app: Who gets to speak? Who gets heard on behalf of a changing world in crisis – https://www.womenatthetable.net/g-app – designed to measure the active participation of women and youth in international conferences and capture the proportion of time, the topics, the capacity and delegated authority women and youth speak in the conference chamber… (see more below)
General Role Expectations:
This is remote work so the intern must be self-sufficient and personally ambitious. Most communication will be through email and zoom calls. Tasks will be communicated via email. All interns will report directly to the CEO/Founder, Caitlin Kraft-Buchman and associated Programme Officers.
Roles We Are Looking For:
Social Media Intern:
WomenAtTheTable is looking for an ambitious intern to:
– grow WomenAtTheTable’s social media following
– keep followers appraised of latest developments in WomenAtTheTable projects
– use Social Media more potently as a tool to outreach to relevant parties.
The intern would be in charge of engaging and growing the following, as well as coming up with relevant posts and content.
This role is ideal for anyone interested or currently enrolled in marketing, digital storytelling, digital journalism, and a love for feminist systems change. This role will report directly to the Founder and Programme Associate responsible for Women at the Table.
For this internship we would like a short note or video detailing your motivation and two sample social media posts (in two different social media mediums: either Twitter, Instagram or Tik Tok) on one of our four initiatives ( Alliance; fr Feminist AI research; Human Rights Toolbox; The G-app) or on Women at the Table itself.
WomenAtTheTable is looking for a hard working self starting intern who will be able to help Women at the Table and the various international organizations who will use the G-app tool input data, problem solve with tech issues by liaising with the Women at the Table team, while variously identifying (and potentially outreaching to) new conferences to find opportunities to use the tool.
This role is ideal for anyone comfortable with spreadsheets, interested or currently enrolled in data science courses. This role will report directly to the Founder and our Data Science Programme Associate responsible for the G-app and other projects.
This is an unpaid internship but has the potential to transition to a full-time position.
WomenAtTheTable is looking for a diligent thoughtful self starting volunteer to work on small admin organizational asks that keep the organization and its many teams humming in harmony,
This role is ideal for anyone interested or currently enrolled in business admin or is just a quick rigorous perfectionist who loves an elegantly organized spreadsheet or perfectly proofed blog post.
This role will report directly to the Founder and Programme Associate responsible for Women at the Table. This is an unpaid internship but has the potential to transition to a full-time position.Last modified: February 21, 2022